JUST ANNOUNCED – EXCLUSIVE HOLIDAY SALE: Purchase a Best Barns or Sentry Building shed or garage kit before 12/31/18 and get a $200 Mail-in Rebate. CLICK HERE to see these models. *Must Order from this website or Call the Office. 800-987-4337.
The Roanoke 16 x 28 Wood Shed Kit, is built like your house with wall studs 16 in. on center, can easily be used for a barn, workshop or storage. The Roanoke 16 x 28 Wood Shed Kit provides two floors of unobstructed storage with a clear span full loft for bonus room above. Because you are assembling the Roanoke you have the ability to choose the number of windows, type and quantity of doors, allowing you to place them in the locations of your choosing.
* building is shown with optional windows and walk-in door.
Roanoke 16 x 28 Wood Shed Kit Features:
- Size: 16 ft. W x 28 ft. L
- Overall height: 16 ft. 2 in.
- Side wall height: 8 ft. 1 in.
- Interior height: 7 ft. 5 in.
- Barn door (included): 8 ft. W x 7 ft. H
- Sturdy-Built Truss System: 2 x 6, 24 in. o.c. with 30 lbs. snow load/90 mph wind load
- Studs: 2 x 6, 16 in. o.c.
- Clear Span Loft: full second floor loft with 7 ft. 1 in. headroom; 3/4 in. Structurwood decking and 2 x 8 floor joists
- Pre-primed Siding: 3/8 in. L. P. (Louisiana Pacific) Smartside Ext. Paneling w/50 year limited warranty
- No Floor included
Roof shingles are not included and purchased locally by owner.
General: Once you receive your new Kit begin by unpacking the pre-cut framing, windows and hardware. You will also receive a detailed manual with step-by-step instructions. Each step is explained with clear instructions and detailed line art and has been developed with the novice builder in mind. Best Barns wood shed kit components fit easily into place with no special tools or skills required.
- Pre-cut roof trusses for fast and accurate assembly
- Premium grade 2 x 4 imported from Sweden, wall studs are placed 24 in. O.C.
- Pre-cut wall framing
- Technical Support – 7 days
- 15-year limited warranty
- Siding and roof sheathing will be delivered via local lumber company, for example Home Depot or Lowes
- Homeowner will have to cut siding and roof sheathing
Truss Detail: 2 x 6 roof trusses are shipped pre-cut for precise field assembly. Engineered to withstand high wind loads of 90 mph and heavy snow loads of 30 lbs. psf. Trusses provide clear span with a generous 7 ft. headroom in the center.
Gable Detail: The upper gables are shipped pre-built in 4 ft. sections with the siding applied for fast and accurate assembly. Gable’s are pre-assembled in sections for easy assembly. Center section is designed to receive a window up to a 44 in. wide. This is optional and can remain a solid wall. Window purchased locally by homeowner.
Siding: Primed 3/8 in. wood siding, with vertical grooves, creates an attractive plank look. Smart Panel, manufactured by Lousiana-Pacific, creates the visual beauty of real wood with the strength and durability of an engineered product. The siding is made from wood strands, pressed into a resin saturated substrate, and is superior to plywood. A cedar texture is embossed into the substrate, free from knot holes and patches.
- Primed, ready for paint color of your choice. Latex acrylic paint recommended
- Treated with Composibor (from U.S. Borax) prevents fungal decay and insect damage
- Backed with a 50 year limited warranty
Loft: The Roanoke has a clear span 2nd floor loft for additional storage. The headroom is 7 ft. 1 in. giving you plenty of room for an office or shelves or studio. It has 3/4 in. Structurwood decking over LVL (laminated beams) and 2 × 8 floor joists to increase floor strength. A full loft floor enables you to assemble, then erect 2 × 6 roof trusses and roof on the loft platform. Order the optional stair package for access to the loft area.
Guaranteed lowest price. We will not be undersold. Call us to match any other price you find.